POSTSECONDARY AND PROPRIETARY SCHOOLS
33-2401. Definitions. For the purposes of chapter 24, title 33, Idaho Code, the following words have the following meanings:
(1) "Accredited" means that a postsecondary educational institution has been recognized or approved as meeting the standards established by an accrediting agency recognized by the board.
(2) "Agent" means any individual within the state of Idaho who solicits students for or on behalf of a proprietary school.
(3) "Agent's certificate of identification" means a nontransferable written document issued to an agent by the proprietary school that the agent represents.
(4) "Board" means the state board of education.
(5) "Course" means instruction imparted in a series of lessons or class meetings to meet an educational objective.
(6) "Course or courses of study" means either a single course or a set of related courses for which a student enrolls, either for academic credit or otherwise.
(7) "Degree" means any written or any academic title which contains, in any language, the word "associate," "bachelor," "baccalaureate," "master" or "doctor," or any abbreviation thereof, and which indicates or represents, or which is intended to indicate or represent, that the person named thereon, in the case of any writing, or the person it is awarded thereto, in the case of any academic title, is learned in or has satisfactorily completed a prescribed course of study in a particular field or that the person has demonstrated proficiency in any field of endeavor as a result of formal preparation or training.
(8) "Director" means the executive officer of the state board of education or his designee.
(9) "Person" means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or other association of individuals, however organized.
(10) "Postsecondary educational institution" means a person, or educational, business or other entity, whether legally constituted or otherwise, which maintains a presence within, or which operates or purports to operate, from a location within the state of Idaho, and which provides a course or courses of study that lead to a degree, or which provides, offers or sells degrees.
(11) "Proprietary school" means a person, or educational, business or other entity, whether legally constituted or otherwise, which maintains a presence within, or which operates or purports to operate, from a location within the state of Idaho and which conducts, provides, offers or sells a course or courses of study, but which does not provide, offer or sell degrees.