49-107. Definitions -- F. (1) "Factory branch" means a branch office maintained by a person who manufactures or assembles vehicles for sale to distributors or to dealers, or for directing or supervising, in whole or in part, its representatives.
(2) "Factory representative" means any person and each officer and employee engaged as a representative of a manufacturer of vehicles or by a factory branch for the purpose of making or promoting a sale of their vehicles, or for supervising or contacting their dealers or prospective dealers.
(3) "Farm tractor" means every motor vehicle designed or adapted and used primarily as a farm implement power unit operated with or without other farm implements attached in any manner consistent with the structural design of that power unit.
(4) "Farm vehicle." (See "Vehicle," section 49-123, Idaho Code)
(5) "Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS)" means those safety standards established by the national highway traffic safety administration, under title 49 CFR part 500-599, for the safe construction and manufacturing of self-propelled motorized vehicles for operation on public highways. Such vehicles as originally designed and manufactured shall be so certified by the manufacturer to meet the federal motor vehicle safety standards or the standards in force for a given model year or as certified by the national highway traffic safety administration.
(6) "Felony" means any offense under state or federal law that is punishable by death or imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year.
(7) "Fifth wheel trailer." (See "Trailer," section 49-121, Idaho Code)
(8) "Financial institution" means any bank that is authorized to do business in the state of Idaho and any other financial institution that is registered with the department of finance.
(9) "Flammable liquid" means any liquid which has a flash point of 70 degrees Fahrenheit, or less, as determined by a tagliabue or equivalent closed-cup test device.
(10) "Fleet" means one (1) or more apportionable vehicles.
(11) "Fleet registration" means an optional form of registration through the department rather than a county assessor for registration of twenty-five (25) or more commercial or farm vehicles or any combination thereof. This registration is not an option for fleets of rental vehicles. Terms and conditions are further specified in section 49-434(5), Idaho Code.
(12) "Fold down camping trailer." (See "Trailer," section 49-121, Idaho Code)
(13) "Foreign vehicle." (See "Vehicle," section 49-123, Idaho Code)
(14) "Franchise" means a sales, service and parts agreement or any other contract or agreement between a dealer and a manufacturer of new vehicles or its distributor or factory branch by which the dealer is authorized to engage in the business of selling any specified make or makes of new vehicles.
(15) "Full-time salesman" means any person employed as a vehicle salesman on behalf of a dealer for thirty (30) or more hours per week, and who sells, purchases, exchanges or negotiates for the sale, purchase or exchange of five (5) or more vehicles during each year in which his license is in effect.
[49-107, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 2, p. 556; am. 1989, ch. 88, sec. 5, p. 160; am. 1991, ch. 272, sec. 3, p. 690; am. 1998, ch. 392, sec. 2, p. 1199; am. 2008, ch. 198, sec. 2, p. 633; am. 2011, ch. 327, sec. 2, p. 953.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.