49-2431. Ridesharing exempt from motor carrier laws. The following laws and regulations shall not apply to any ridesharing arrangement using a motor vehicle with a seating capacity for not more than fifteen (15) persons, including the driver:
(1) Title 49, Idaho Code, pertaining to the regulation of motor carriers of any kind or description;
(2) Laws and regulations containing insurance requirements that are specifically applicable to motor carriers or commercial vehicles;
(3) Laws imposing a greater standard of care on motor carriers or commercial vehicles than that imposed on other drivers or owners of motor vehicles;
(4) Laws and regulations with equipment requirements and special accident reporting requirements that are specifically applicable to motor carriers or commercial vehicles; and
(5) Laws imposing a tax on fuel purchased in another state by a motor carrier or highway use fees on commercial buses.
[49-2431, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 488, p. 828; am. 1999, ch. 383, sec. 11, p. 1067.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.