PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-2502. Definitions. Unless the context otherwise requires, words and phrases as used herein shall mean:
(1) "Commission" means the Idaho state racing commission, hereinafter created.
(2) "Gross daily receipts" means the total of all sums deposited in all pools for each race day.
(3) "Horsemen's group" means an organization composed of licensed owners and/or trainers duly registered with the secretary of state and recognized by the Idaho racing commission.
(4) "Host facility" means the racetrack at which the race is run, or the facility which is designated as the host facility if the race is run in a jurisdiction which is not participating in the interstate combined wagering pool.
(5) "Host jurisdiction" means the jurisdiction in which the host facility is located.
(6) "Interstate common wagering pool" means a pari-mutuel pool established in one (1) jurisdiction which is combined with comparable pari-mutuel pools from one (1) or more racing jurisdictions. Such pool is established for the purpose of establishing pay-off prices in the various jurisdictions.
(7) "Pari-mutuel" means any system whereby wagers with respect to the outcome of a race are placed with, or in, a wagering pool conducted by a person licensed or otherwise permitted to do so under state law, and in which the participants are wagering with each other and not against the operator.
(8) "Persons" means and includes individuals, firms, corporations and associations.
(9) "Pool" means the total sum of all moneys wagered in each race for each type of bet. Types of bets include win, place, show, quinella, daily double, exacta, trifecta, etc., and such other types as are approved by the commission from time to time.
(10) "Race meet" means and includes any exhibition of thoroughbred, purebred, and/or registered horse racing, mule racing or dog racing, where the pari-mutuel system of wagering is used. Singular includes the plural and plural includes the singular; and words importing one gender shall be regarded as including all other genders.
(11) "Racing jurisdiction" or "jurisdiction" means a governmental jurisdiction responsible for the regulation of pari-mutuel racing in that jurisdiction.
(12) "Simulcast" means the telecast or other transmission of live audio and visual signals of a race, transmitted from a sending track to a receiving location, for the purpose of wagering conducted on the race at the receiving location.
[54-2502, added 1963, ch. 64, sec. 2, p. 246; am. 1969, ch. 221, sec. 1, p. 724; am. 1984, ch. 83, sec. 1, p. 158; am. 1985, ch. 194, sec. 1, p. 494; am. 1987, ch. 316, sec. 2, p. 661; am. 1988, ch. 141, sec. 1, p. 256; am. 1991, ch. 56, sec. 1, p. 107; am. 1992, ch. 19, sec. 1, p. 55; am. 1996, ch. 380, sec. 1, p. 1287; am. 1998, ch. 97, sec. 1, p. 346; am. 2006, ch. 147, sec. 1, p. 461.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.