STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
STATE-TRIBAL RELATIONS ACT
67-4007. Powers and duties of the council. The council shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To monitor and review legislation and state policies which impact state/tribal relations in the areas of jurisdiction, governmental sovereignty, taxation, natural resources, economic development, and other issues where state government and tribal government interface;
(2) To advise the governor, legislature, and state departments and agencies of the nature, magnitude, and priorities of issues regarding state/tribal relations;
(3) To advise the governor, legislature, and state departments and agencies on, and assist in the development and implementation of, cooperative policies, programs, and procedures focusing on the unique relationship between tribal and state government;
(4) To establish advisory committees on special subjects or projects;
(5) To cooperate and/or facilitate contracting between tribes and individuals or state, local, and other agencies, including agencies of the federal government and of other states;
(6) To make bylaws for its own governance and procedure consistent with the laws of the state and the respective tribes.
[67-4007, added 1999, ch. 127, sec. 1, p. 369.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.