MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER'S LICENSES
49-307A. Restricted school attendance driving permit. Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter applying to licenses or permits, and notwithstanding the minimum age requirement for a driver training course specified in section 33-1703, Idaho Code, other than those provisions specifically applying to restricted school attendance driving permits:
(1) The department may issue a restricted school attendance driving permit to a minor fourteen (14) years of age, but less than sixteen (16) years of age, provided the following:
(a) The minor resides in an Idaho school district with a population of less than one hundred fifty (150) people;
(b) The minor attends an educational program as identified in section 49-303A, Idaho Code, and complies with the provisions of section 49-303A, Idaho Code, including submission of verification of attendance compliance by the school district to the department; and
(c) There is no school bus service provided to transport the minor to and from school, as verified by the school district to the department.
(2) The permit, if issued, shall only entitle the minor to drive to and from school, and school sponsored activities occurring at the school where enrolled, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
(3) The minor must have completed a driver training course and comply with section 49-310, Idaho Code, as a condition of issuance of a permit pursuant to the provisions of this section.
(4) The restricted school attendance driving permit shall be canceled for conviction of any traffic offense and shall not be reissued.
(5) In the event the student terminates their school enrollment in the district in which they have qualified for a restricted school attendance driving permit, the permit shall be canceled.