AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
22-2803. Definitions. Whenever used or referred to in this chapter, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
(1) "Commission" means the Idaho honey commission.
(2) "Honey producer" or "beekeeper" means a person, firm or corporation engaged in the art of raising, harboring, keeping or breeding domesticated honey bees either for the purpose of gathering honey or the production of queens and/or packaged bees.
(3) "Honey by-products" means items using honey as a base such as creamed honey, whipped honey, or the like.
(4) "Packer" means any honey producer or beekeeper or person who processes and packs honey for commercial retail sales.
(5) "Person" includes an individual, partnership, corporation, firm, association and agent.
(6) "Director" means the director of the Idaho state department of agriculture or his designated representative.
(7) "Official sample" means a sample of honey taken by the director or an authorized agent in accordance with the provisions of section 22-2810, Idaho Code.
[22-2803, added 1949, ch. 147, sec. 3, p. 301; am. 2012, ch. 123, sec. 2, p. 342; am. 2015, ch. 124, sec. 1, p. 312.]