Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


22-3116.  Referendum on continuance of commission — Procedures. After five (5) years from the date the commission was created, a referendum may be held at the petition of the growers or at the request of the commission. The question shall be submitted by secret mail ballots upon which the words "For continuance of the Idaho Hop Grower’s Commission" and "Against continuance of the Idaho Hop Grower’s Commission" are printed, with a square before each proposition and a direction to insert an "X" mark in the square before the proposition which the voter favors. In the event a referendum is held as provided in this section, no further referendum on the question of discontinuance of such commission shall be held within five (5) years from the date the results of the previous referendum was declared.
The referendum must be held and supervised by the department of agriculture upon its receiving either of the following:
1.  A petition signed by 20% of the growers, or 200 growers, whichever is less. The petitioners shall pay the cost of such referendum if the commission continues but the commission must bear the cost if the majority vote is in favor of discontinuance.
2.  A written request from the commission. The commission shall pay the cost of such referendum.
The referendum shall be held, notice thereof given, expenses thereof paid and the result determined, declared and recorded in the office of the secretary of state. No hearing or district meetings of the grower members shall be made prior to the referendum upon the question of determining whether such referendum should be held.
Notice of such referendum must be given by the commission in a manner determined by them. The ballots must also be prepared by the commission and forwarded to the grower members, who shall return them within 20 days after mailing by the commission.

[I.C., sec. 22-3116, as added by 1967, ch. 216, sec. 12, p. 650.]

How current is this law?