BANKS AND BANKING
26-2802. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of finance of the state of Idaho.
(2) "Director" means the director of the department of finance.
(3) "Mortgage company" means any person who, directly or indirectly is engaged in one (1) of the following:
(a) Makes or offers to make residential mortgage loans.
(b) Services or offers to service residential mortgage loans.
(c) Buys or sells, or offers to buy or sell, residential mortgage loans.
(4) "Person" means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or other association of individuals, however organized.
(5) "Residential mortgage loan" means a loan made primarily for personal, family or household use and is primarily secured by a security interest on residential real property located in this state.
[26-2802, added 1990, ch. 225, sec. 1, p. 600; am. 2007, ch. 126, sec. 7, p. 380.]