LOCAL INNOVATION SCHOOL ACT
33-5805 [33-5905]. Idaho school safety and security advisory board. (1) There is hereby established in the Idaho division of building safety the Idaho school safety and security advisory board. The advisory board shall consist of thirteen (13) members as follows:
(a) Four (4) members appointed by the governor as follows:
(i) One (1) parent of a student who attends an Idaho public school;
(ii) One (1) teacher who teaches in an Idaho public school;
(iii) One (1) representative of a local school board; and
(iv) One (1) representative of school superintendents;
(b) One (1) representative from the office of the state superintendent of public instruction;
(c) One (1) representative from the state board of education;
(d) One (1) representative from the Idaho state police;
(e) One (1) representative from the Idaho chiefs of police association;
(f) One (1) representative from the Idaho sheriffs’ association;
(g) One (1) representative from the Idaho bureau of homeland security;
(h) One (1) representative from the Idaho fire chiefs association; and
(i) Two (2) representatives from the state legislature that shall include one (1) member from the senate appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate and one (1) member from the house of representatives appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives.
(2) The members of the advisory board shall serve the following terms:
(a) The gubernatorial appointees shall serve terms of three (3) years.
(b) All other members shall serve terms of two (2) years.
(3) A vacancy on the advisory board shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment and for the balance of the unexpired term.
(4) The advisory board shall appoint a chairperson from among its members for a term certain.
(5) The members of the advisory board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(b), Idaho Code.
(6) The advisory board shall meet at least annually, but may meet more frequently subject to the call of the chairperson.
[33-5805 [33-5905], added 2016, ch. 192, sec. 1, p. 535.]