HEALTH AND SAFETY
BASIC DAY CARE LICENSE
39-1102. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the Idaho board of health and welfare.
(2) "Child" means a person less than thirteen (13) years of age.
(3) "Daycare" means care and supervision provided for compensation during part of a twenty-four (24) hour day, for a child or children not related by blood, marriage or legal guardianship to the person or persons providing the care, in a place other than the child’s or children’s own home or homes.
(4) "Daycare center" means a place or facility providing daycare for compensation for thirteen (13) or more children.
(5) "Daycare facility" means a place or facility providing daycare services for compensation to seven (7) or more children not related to the provider.
(6) "Department" means the Idaho department of health and welfare.
(7) "Employee" means any person working for compensation in a facility that provides daycare.
(8) "Family daycare home" means a home, place, or facility providing daycare for six (6) or fewer children.
(9) "Group daycare facility" means a home, place, or facility providing daycare for seven (7) to twelve (12) children.
(10) "Group size" means the maximum number of children in one (1) group or classroom.
(11) "Mixed age group" means a care group that includes children of multiple ages.
(12) "Ratio" means the number of staff required to supervise a certain number of children.
(13) "Single age group" means a care group that includes children of similar age.
(14) "Training" means continuing education in child development areas relating to child care. Training can be acquired through a variety of methods including, but not limited to, the viewing of audio visual materials, correspondence courses, community workshops and in-house training.
[39-1102, added 1987, ch. 56, sec. 1, p. 93; am. 2009, ch. 295, sec. 2, p. 873.]