HEALTH AND SAFETY
39-2607. Temporary fireworks stands. Retail sales of nonaerial common fireworks shall be allowed only from within a temporary fireworks stand unless the authority having jurisdiction finds appropriate circumstances justifying reasonable variance from strict compliance with this section. An existing permanent building which was used for the retail sale of fireworks in 1996 may continue to be used for that purpose if the building meets or exceeds the standards for temporary buildings established by this section and is operated, insofar as it is applicable, as provided by this section. Temporary fireworks stands shall be subject to the following provisions:
(1) A stand shall not be located within twenty-five (25) feet of any building or within one hundred (100) feet of the nearest fuel dispensing device.
(2) A stand shall meet the minimum structural stability requirements for temporary buildings as required by applicable local building codes. If no local building codes have been adopted, applicable state codes may be used.
(3) A stand shall meet the minimum requirements for temporary buildings for all lighting circuits or other electrical equipment used in conjunction with the operation of the stand as required by applicable local building codes or, if no local building codes have been adopted, by applicable state codes.
(4) A stand shall have two (2) exits, each a minimum of thirty (30) inches wide at each end of the stand or as near the ends as is practical in a mobile home conversion. One (1) additional door is required for each thirty-two (32) feet of rear wall in excess of thirty-two (32) feet. All doors shall open outward from the stand and shall be kept unlocked and unlatched during the hours of operation and free and clear of supplies and materials at all times.
(5) A stand shall have at least two (2) fire extinguishers with a 2A minimum rating, in good working order, with a current inspection tag in place, placed near the exits in a visible and readily accessible manner.
(6) "No smoking within 25 feet" signs shall be prominently displayed on all four (4) sides of the stand. Smoking shall not be permitted inside the stand.
(7) A stand shall not be erected before May 5 nor remain up after July 20 for the first sales period; nor shall it be erected before December 7 or remain up after January 16 for the second sales period. The premises on which the stand is erected shall be cleared of all structures and debris no later than July 20 or January 16, respectively.
(8) The fireworks stand operator shall not permit the discharge of fireworks within twenty-five (25) feet of the stand.
(9) The stand operator shall not allow any rubbish to accumulate in or around the stand causing a fire nuisance.
(10) Only noncombustible waste containers shall be permitted within the stand.
(11) Fireworks shall not be left in the stand when it is not open for business unless the stand is locked or secured. If fireworks are not stored in the stand they shall be stored in compliance with section 39-2608, Idaho Code.
(12) Notice as provided by the authority having jurisdiction cautioning each person purchasing fireworks of the prohibitions, liabilities and penalties incorporated in this chapter shall be posted at all retail locations.
(13) The authority having jurisdiction may charge a one (1) time inspection fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for inspection of a temporary fireworks stand.
[39-2607, added 1997, ch. 246, sec. 2, p. 713.]