HEALTH AND SAFETY
VOLUNTEER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IMMUNITY
39-7704. Registration of free medical clinics — requirements. (1) Before providing volunteer health care services in this state, a free medical clinic shall register with the department of health and welfare by submitting a registration fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) and filing a registration form that shall contain:
(a) The name of the free clinic and sponsoring organization, if any;
(b) The name of the principal individual or individuals who are the officers or organizational officials responsible for the operation of the free clinic or sponsoring organization, if any;
(c) The address, including street, city, zip code and county, of the free clinic;
(d) Telephone number;
(e) Such additional information as the department may require.
(2) Each free clinic shall maintain a list of health care providers associated with its provision of voluntary health care services. For each such health care provider, the free clinic shall maintain a copy of a current license, certificate or registration and shall further require each health care provider to attest in writing that such provider’s license, certificate or registration is not suspended or revoked pursuant to disciplinary proceedings in any jurisdiction.
(3) The free clinic shall maintain such records for a period of at least five (5) years following the provision of health care services and shall furnish such records upon request to the department.
(4) Compliance with subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall be prima facie evidence that the free clinic has exercised due care in its selection of health care providers and shall be immune from suit for negligent acts or omissions as provided in subsection (1) of section 39-7703, Idaho Code.
(5) The department may revoke the registration of any free clinic who fails to comply with the requirements of subsections (1) through (4) of this section. Any such revocation shall be conducted in accordance with the administrative procedure act.
(6) The provisions of this section shall not apply to community health screening events.
[39-7704, added 1998, ch. 295, sec. 1, p. 977; am. 2018, ch. 38, sec. 3, p. 98.]