HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
40-104. Definitions — C. (1) "City system" means all public highways within the corporate limits of a city, with a functioning street department, except those highways which are under federal control, a part of the state highway system, part of a highway district system or an extension of a rural major collector route as specified in section 40-607, Idaho Code.
(2) "Commercial activities." (See "Unzoned commercial or industrial areas," section 40-122, Idaho Code)
(3) "Commercial areas, unzoned." (See "Unzoned commercial or industrial areas," section 40-122, Idaho Code)
(4) "Commissioners" means the board of county commissioners of a county of this state.
(5) "Construction manager/general contractor firm" means a business entity with which the department has contracted to provide services prior to the final design phase and provide for the construction of the project during the construction phase.
(6) "Construction manager/general contractor project" means a project where the department retains a consultant or has on staff an Idaho licensed professional engineer to develop the design and also hires a construction manager/general contractor firm to provide services prior to the final design. If a guaranteed maximum price is negotiated successfully, the construction manager/general contractor firm also provides for construction of the project.
(7) "Consultant" means an individual or business entity possessing the qualifications to provide licensed architectural, licensed engineering, or licensed land surveying services or possessing specialized credentials and qualifications.
(8) "Controlled-access facility" means a highway especially designed for through traffic to which owners or occupants of abutting land have no right or easement or only a controlled right or easement of access by reason of the fact that their property abuts upon the controlled-access facility. These highways may be freeways open to use by all customary forms of highway traffic, or they may be parkways from which trucks, buses and other commercial vehicles shall be excluded.
(9) "County highway system" or "county secondary highways" mean all public highways in a county except those included within the state highway system, those under another state agency, those included within city highway systems of incorporated cities, those included within a highway district highway system, and those under federal control.
[40-104, added 1985, ch. 253, sec. 2, p. 588; am. 1986, ch. 328, sec. 1, p. 803; am. 1994, ch. 324, sec. 1, p. 1039; am. 2010, ch. 293, sec. 3, p. 778.]