HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
40-109. Definitions — H.
(1) "Highway district system" means all public highways within each highway district, except those included within the state highway system, those under another state agency, those included within city highway systems of incorporated cities with a functioning street department, and those under federal control.
(2) "Highway system, county." (See "County highway system," section 40-104, Idaho Code)
(3) "Highway system, state." (See "State highway system," section 40-120, Idaho Code)
(4) "Highway users’ fund bonds" mean those bonds issued for and on behalf of dissolved city highway systems or highway districts, and the funds out of which those bonds are repayable shall be the moneys received or provided by section 40-707, Idaho Code.
(5) "Highways" mean roads, streets, alleys and bridges laid out or established for the public or dedicated or abandoned to the public. Highways shall include necessary culverts, sluices, drains, ditches, waterways, embankments, retaining walls, bridges, tunnels, grade separation structures, roadside improvements, adjacent lands or interests lawfully acquired, pedestrian facilities, and any other structures, works or fixtures incidental to the preservation or improvement of the highways. Roads laid out and recorded as highways, by order of a board of commissioners, and all roads used as such for a period of five (5) years, provided they shall have been worked and kept up at the expense of the public, or located and recorded by order of a board of commissioners, are highways.
[40-109, added 1985, ch. 253, sec. 2, p. 589; am. 1986, ch. 328, sec. 2, p. 804; am. 1988, ch. 184, sec. 1, p. 322; am. 1994, ch. 324, sec. 2, p. 1040.]