HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
40-120. Definitions — S. (1) "Safety rest area" means an area or site established and maintained within or adjacent to the right-of-way by or under public supervision or control, for convenience of the traveling public.
(2) "Short-listing" means the narrowing of the field of potential design-build firms through the selection of the most qualified design-build firms who have responded to a request for qualifications.
(3) "Sign." (See "Advertising structure," section 40-102, Idaho Code)
(4) "Single countywide highway district" means all public highways within the county, including those within all cities of the county, but excepting those within the state highway system and those under federal control.
(5) "State highway system" means the principal highway arteries in the state, including connecting arteries and extensions through cities, and includes roads to every county seat in the state.
(6) "State law" means a provision of the constitution or statutes of this state, or an ordinance, rule or regulation enacted or adopted by an agency or political subdivision of this state pursuant to the constitution or statutes.
(7) "Stipend" means a monetary amount that may be paid to unsuccessful design-build firms who have submitted responsive proposals in response to an RFP. The purpose of a stipend is to encourage competition by offering to compensate responsive but unsuccessful design-build firms for a portion of the proposal development costs.
(8) "Street" means a thoroughfare, alley, highway or a right-of-way that may be open for public use but is not part of a public highway system nor under the jurisdiction of a public highway agency.
(9) "Structure." (See "Advertising structure," section 40-102, Idaho Code)
(10) "System, city." (See "City system," section 40-104, Idaho Code)
[40-120, added 1985, ch. 253, sec. 2, p. 592; am. 2010, ch. 293, sec. 11, p. 783; am. 2011, ch. 136, sec. 3, p. 385.]