CREDIT LIFE AND CREDIT DISABILITY INSURANCE
41-2304. Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Credit life insurance" means insurance on the life of a debtor pursuant to or in connection with a specific loan or other credit transaction.
(2) "Credit disability insurance" means insurance on a debtor to provide indemnity for payments becoming due on a specific loan or other credit transaction while the debtor is disabled as defined in the policy.
(3) "Creditor" means the lender of money or vendor of goods, services or property, including a lessor under a lease intended as a security, rights or privileges, for which payment is arranged through a credit transaction, or any successor to the right, title or interest of any such lender or vendor, and an affiliate, associate or subsidiary of any of them or any director, officer or employee of any of them or any other person in any way associated with any of them.
(4) "Debtor" means a borrower of money or a purchaser or lessee of goods, services, property, rights or privileges for which payment is arranged through a credit transaction.
(5) "Indebtedness" means the total amount payable by a debtor to a creditor in connection with a loan or other credit transaction.
[41-2304, added 1961, ch. 330, sec. 539, p. 645.]