CREDIT LIFE AND CREDIT DISABILITY INSURANCE
41-2309. Filing, approval and withdrawal of forms. (1) All policies, certificates of insurance, notices of proposed insurance, applications for insurance, endorsements and riders delivered or issued for delivery in this state and the schedule of premium rates pertaining thereto shall be filed with the director.
(2) The director shall within thirty (30) days after the filing of any such policies, certificates of insurance, notices of proposed insurance, applications for insurance, endorsements and riders, disapprove any such form if the premium rates charged or to be charged are excessive in relation to benefits, or if it contains provisions which are unjust, unfair, inequitable, misleading, deceptive or encourage misrepresentation of the coverage, or are contrary to any provision of this code or of any rule promulgated thereunder. In determining whether to disapprove any such forms the director shall give due consideration to past and prospective loss experience within and outside this state, to underwriting practice and judgment to the extent appropriate, and to all other relevant factors within and outside this state.
(3) If the director notifies the insurer that the form is disapproved, it is unlawful thereafter for such insurer to issue or use such form. In such notice, the director shall specify the reason for his disapproval and state that a hearing will be granted within twenty (20) days after request in writing by the insurer. No such policy, certificate of insurance, notice of proposed insurance, nor any application, endorsement or rider, shall be issued or used until the expiration of thirty (30) days after it has been so filed, unless the director shall give his prior written approval thereto.
(4) The director may, at any time after a hearing held after notice to the insurer in accordance with chapter 2, title 41, Idaho Code, withdraw his approval of any such form on any ground set forth in subsection (2) of this section. The written notice of such hearing shall state the reason for the proposed withdrawal.
(5) The insurer shall not issue such forms or use them after the effective date of such withdrawal.
(6) If a group policy of credit life insurance or credit disability insurance: (a) has been delivered in this state before the effective date of this code, or (b) has been or is delivered in another state before or after the effective date of this code, the insurer shall be required to file only the group certificate and notice of proposed insurance as specified in subsections (2) and (4) of section 41-2308, Idaho Code, and such forms shall be approved by the director if they conform with the requirements specified in such subsections and if the schedules of premium rates applicable to the insurance evidenced by such certificate or notice are not in excess of the insurer’s schedules of premium rates on file with the director; provided, however, the premium rate in effect on existing group policies may be continued until the first policy anniversary date following the date this code becomes effective.
(7) Any order or final determination of the director under the provisions of this section shall be subject to judicial review as provided in chapter 2, title 41, Idaho Code.
[41-2309, added 1961, ch. 330, sec. 544, p. 645; am. 2005, ch. 77, sec. 24, p. 269.]