IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE — WATER RIGHTS AND RECLAMATION
FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICTS
42-3103. Definitions. Whenever used or referred to in this act, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Board" or "board of commissioners" means the board of commissioners of the flood control district.
(2) "Commissioner" means a member of the board of commissioners of the flood control district.
(3) "Debris removal" means to remove from the channels and banks of streams any artificial debris, plants and other materials that obstruct or are likely to obstruct the flow of water therein and thereby cause flooding or interfere with the lawful diversion and beneficial use of water.
(4) "Department" means the department of water resources, state of Idaho.
(5) "Director" means the director of the department of water resources, state of Idaho.
(6) "District" means any flood control district organized by authority of this act or prior acts of the Idaho legislature.
(7) "Flood" or "flooding" means the inundation of normally dry land areas with water caused by the overflow or rise of rivers, streams or lakes, and other surface watercourses, or the unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source.
(8) "Flooding emergency" means a circumstance in which the board has determined that the district is required to take immediate action to protect life or property from injury or damage resulting from existing or imminent flooding.
(9) "Flood fight" means the activities and operations authorized by the board in response to a flooding emergency.
(10) "State" means the state of Idaho.
(11) "Structural works of improvement" means any undertaking for flood prevention, including structural and land treatment measures, and for the conservation, development, utilization and disposal of water, as provided for in the act of the congress of the United States known as the Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act (U.S.C., tit. 16, sections 1001-1008) and acts amendatory thereto.
[41-3103, added 1971, ch. 300, sec. 3, p. 1219; am. 2014, ch. 72, sec. 1, p. 183.]