IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE — WATER RIGHTS AND RECLAMATION
WATERSHED IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS
42-3703. Definitions. Whenever used or referred to in this act, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. "District" or "watershed improvement district" means a governmental subdivision of this state and a public body corporate and politic organized in accordance with the provisions of this act for the purposes, with the powers, and subject to the restrictions hereinafter set forth.
2. "Director" means one (1) of the members of the governing body of a district elected or appointed in accordance with the provisions of this act.
3. "Commission" or "state soil and water conservation commission" means the agency created in section 22-2718, Idaho Code.
4. "Petition" means a petition filed under the provisions of section 42-3705, Idaho Code, for the creation of a district.
5. "Nominating petition" means a petition filed under the provisions of section 42-3706, Idaho Code, to nominate a candidate for the office of director of a watershed improvement district.
6. "State" means the state of Idaho.
7. "Landowner" includes any person, firm or corporation who shall hold title to any lands lying within a district organized under the provisions of this act. A contract purchaser who is occupying the land shall be construed as a landowner.
8. "Qualified elector" means any natural person residing within the boundaries of the state of Idaho, owning land within the boundaries of the district, and qualified under the laws of this state to vote in an election by the people.
[42-3703, added 1957, ch. 226, sec. 3, p. 508; am. 1973, ch. 93, sec. 1, p. 161; am. 2010, ch. 279, sec. 28, p. 751.]