DISSOLUTION AND MODIFICATION OF DISTRICTS
43-1314. petition. The owners of a majority of the land in an irrigation district that is operated and maintained exclusively to deliver natural flow water rights, who also hold title to the water rights appurtenant to that land, and whose water rights are delivered by an organized irrigation district, may petition to partition the irrigation district into two (2) separate irrigation districts, which shall be known for purposes of this act as the new irrigation district and the remaining irrigation district. For each parcel of land that is proposed to be included in the new irrigation district, the petition shall set forth the following:
(1) Irrigation district assessment number;
(2) Tax lot or legal description to identify the property;
(3) Owner of the property;
(4) Individual water rights that are appurtenant to each property;
(5) A general characterization of the property as agricultural, residential or commercial; and
(6) The number of divisions into which the district shall be divided.
The petition must be signed by each landowner who desires to be included in the new irrigation district and their signature shall constitute consent to the partition and consent to have their water rights delivered and distributed by the new irrigation district.
[43-1314, added 2013, ch. 332, sec. 2, p. 867.]