LIENS, MORTGAGES AND PLEDGES
LIENS IN CROPS
45-302. Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Buyer" means a person who purchases, on his own behalf or as an agent for others, a crop from a producer.
(2) "Claimant" means a provider of seed or farm labor who files a notice of claim of lien in a crop.
(3) "Crop year" means the calendar year in which a crop would normally be harvested.
(4) "Crops" means products of the soil. As it relates to liens for seed, the term "crops" shall be limited to annual crops. As it relates to liens for farm labor, it shall include annual crops as well as fruits, berries, grapes and nursery products.
(5) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or association.
(6) "Producer" means a farm operator to whom a claimant has provided seed or farm labor.
(7) "Written notice" means information communicated to a person in writing by an authorized person or entity and may include electronic, facsimile, computer or equivalent media.
[45-302, added 1989, ch. 359, sec. 2, p. 901; am. 1996, ch. 262, sec. 1, p. 863.]