MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
49-420E. Idaho corvette plates. (1) On and after January 1, 2003, any person who is the owner of a vehicle registered under the provisions of section 49-402, Idaho Code, or registered under any other section of law for which the purchase of special plates is allowed, may apply for and upon department approval receive special Idaho corvette license plates in lieu of regular license plates.
(2) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any vehicle with a registered maximum gross weight over twenty-six thousand (26,000) pounds. Availability of Idaho corvette license plates for other vehicles shall be subject to the rules, policies and procedures of the department.
(3) In addition to the regular registration fee required in chapter 4, title 49, Idaho Code, the applicant shall be charged a fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00) for the initial issuance of plates, and twenty-five dollars ($25.00) upon each succeeding annual registration. Ten dollars ($10.00) of the initial fee and ten dollars ($10.00) of the renewal fee shall be deposited in the state highway account and shall be used to fund the cost of administration of this special license plate program. Twenty-five dollars ($25.00) of each initial fee and fifteen dollars ($15.00) of each renewal fee shall be transferred by the state treasurer to the valley corvettes charitable support fund, and shall be used exclusively for the purpose of supporting charitable activities within the state of Idaho.
(4) Whenever title or interest in a vehicle registered under the provisions of this section is transferred or assigned, the owner may transfer the special plates to another vehicle upon payment of the required transfer fees. The owner may only display the plates on another vehicle upon receipt of the new registration from the department.
(5) The Idaho corvette license plate shall be of a color and design comparable to the standard issue of license plates with blue numerals on a red, white and blue background, except that the word "Idaho" shall appear on each plate and the county designator shall be omitted to provide for distinguishing designs and slogans, acceptable to the valley corvettes of Idaho, to be added to the plate. The design shall be approved by the department and shall utilize a numbering system as determined by the department. Initial costs of the plate program, including costs of plate design, shall be paid by the valley corvettes of Idaho.
(6) Sample Idaho corvette license plates may be purchased for a fee of thirty dollars ($30.00), ten dollars ($10.00) of which shall be deposited in the state highway account and twenty dollars ($20.00) of which shall be transferred to the valley corvettes charitable support fund. Initial costs of the plate program, including costs of plate design, shall be paid by the valley corvettes charitable support fund.
[(49-420E) 49-420C, added 2002, ch. 285, sec. 3, p. 832; am. & redesig. 2003, ch. 16, sec. 13, p. 60.]