Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


50-1907.  Cooperation in undertaking housing projects. For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of housing projects located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any state public body may, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine: (a)  Dedicate, sell, convey or lease any of its interest in any property, or grant easements, licenses or any other rights or privileges therein, to a housing authority or the federal government;
(b)  Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with housing projects;
(c)  Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, roadways, alleys, sidewalks or other places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(d)  Plan or replan, zone or rezone any part of such state public body;
(e)  Cause services to be furnished to the housing authority of the character which such state public body is otherwise empowered to furnish;
(f)  Enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by such state public body of its powers relating to the repair, elimination or closing or [of] unsafe, insanitary or unfit dwellings;
(g)  Do any and all things, necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of such housing projects;
(h)  Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by such state public body in exercising the powers granted in this act;
(i)  Enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, notwithstanding any provision or rule of law to the contrary, with a housing authority respecting action to be taken by such state public body pursuant to any of the powers granted by this section;
(j)  With respect to any housing project which a housing authority has acquired or taken over from the federal government and which the housing authority by resolution has found and declared to have been constructed in a manner that will promote the public interest and afford necessary safety, sanitation and other protection, no state public body shall require any changes to be made in the housing project or the manner of its construction or take any other action relating to such construction.

[50-1907, added 1967, ch. 429, sec. 397, p. 1249.]

How current is this law?