50-811. City manager — Duties. The council shall appoint a city manager to be the administrative head of the city government under the direction and supervision of such council and who shall hold office at the pleasure of the majority of the members thereof. Before entering upon the duties of his office, such city manager shall take the official oath for the support of the government and the faithful performance of his duties, and shall execute a bond in favor of the city in such sum as may be fixed by the council. He shall:
1. Have general supervision over the business of the city.
2. See that the ordinances and policies of the city are complied with and faithfully executed.
3. Attend all meetings of the council at which his attendance is required by that body.
4. Recommend for adoption to the council such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient.
5. Make the appointment of all department heads, subject to such civil service regulations as may relate thereto.
6. Prepare and submit to the council such reports as may be required by that body, or as he may deem advisable.
7. Keep the council fully advised of the financial condition of the city and its future needs.
8. Prepare and submit to the council a tentative budget for the next fiscal year.
9. Perform such other duties as the council may establish by ordinance or resolution.
10. Possess such powers as are vested in the mayor as provided in section 50-606.
[50-811, added 1967, ch. 429, sec. 150, p. 1249.]