PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-3504. Dietetic licensure board created — Appointment — Terms. (1) A dietetic licensure board is hereby created and the members thereof shall be appointed by the Idaho state board of medicine within sixty (60) days following the effective date of this chapter.
(2) The dietetic licensure board shall consist of four (4) members, three (3) of whom shall be dietitians and one (1) member shall be a member of the public with an interest in the rights of the consumer of health care services.
(3) In making appointments to the dietetic licensure board, the board shall give consideration to recommendations made by the Idaho academy of nutrition and dietetics, other professional organizations and dietitians and physicians.
(4) All members of the dietetic licensure board shall be current residents of the state of Idaho and have been residents of the state of Idaho for a minimum of three (3) years immediately preceding appointment.
(5) The initial dietetic licensure board shall be appointed for staggered terms, the longer of which will not exceed four (4) years. After the initial appointments, all terms shall be four (4) years, and a member may be reappointed one (1) time. In the event of death, resignation, or removal of any member before the expiration of the term to which appointed, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(6) The board may, upon recommendation of the dietetic licensure board, or upon its own motion, remove any member of the dietetic licensure board, for cause, prior to the expiration of the member’s term.
(7) The dietetic licensure board shall, within thirty (30) days after its appointment, and at least annually thereafter, hold a meeting and elect a chairperson. The licensure board may hold additional meetings on the call of the chairperson or at the written request of any two (2) members of the licensure board. The licensure board may appoint such committees as it considers necessary to carry out its duties. A majority of the members of the licensure board shall constitute a quorum.
(8) Each member of the licensure board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
[54-3504, added 1994, ch. 217, sec. 1, p. 675; am. 2012, ch. 91, sec. 1, p. 253; am. 2013, ch. 187, sec. 11, p. 456; am. 2017, ch. 294, sec. 4, p. 778.]