PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
PUBLIC WORKS CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT LICENSING ACT
54-4503. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Administrator" means the administrator of the Idaho division of building safety.
(2) "Applicant" means an individual who applies for a license or interim license pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(3) "Board" means the public works contractors license board established in section 54-1905, Idaho Code.
(4) "Certificate of authority" means a certificate issued by the division of building safety authorizing a firm to provide or hold itself out as providing construction manager services. A certificate of authority shall serve as verification by the division that one (1) or more principals or employees of the firm are licensed construction managers in good standing and that the firm meets such other reasonable criteria established by the board. The licensed construction manager associated with a firm shall accept the responsibility and duty to directly supervise the provision of construction management services by the firm.
(5) "Construction manager" means an individual who performs construction management services.
(6) "Construction management services" means representation of an owner in public works construction by a person with substantial discretion and authority to plan including scheduling, estimating and approval, coordinate, manage or direct phases of a project for the construction, demolition, alteration, repair or reconstruction of any public work. This definition shall not include services for which the laws of this state require a person to be licensed as an architect or registered as a professional engineer, nor shall it include services traditionally and customarily provided by licensed architects or registered professional engineers. This definition shall not apply to highway, road or other transportation projects.
(7) "Firm" means any business organization, including individuals, partnerships, corporations, associations or any combination thereof acting as a unit.
(8) "Hold itself out" or "holding oneself or one’s firm out" or "offer" means the representation by a person that the person possesses a valid construction manager license issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter authorizing that person to provide construction management services. "Hold itself out" or "holding oneself or one’s firm out" or "offer" shall include, but not be limited to, the following acts:
(a) Advertising to provide construction management services on public works construction projects;
(b) Submitting responses to requests for qualifications for construction management services on public works construction projects; and
(c) Submitting proposals, quotes or bids to perform construction management services on public works construction projects.
(9) "Licensure" means the issuance of a license to an applicant under the provisions of this chapter authorizing such individual to offer and perform construction management services.
(10) "Person" includes an individual, partnership, corporation, association or other organization.
[54-4503, added 1998, ch. 410, sec. 1, p. 1267; am. 2005, ch. 213, sec. 33, p. 666; am. 2014, ch. 132, sec. 1, p. 367; am. 2017, ch. 122, sec. 1, p. 287.]