PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE LICENSING
54-5106. qualifications for licensure. To be eligible for a license to practice as a naturopathic medical doctor in the state of Idaho, the applicant shall submit an application, pay the fee, and fulfill the following requirements:
(1) The applicant must be a graduate of an approved naturopathic medical program as defined in this chapter.
(2) The applicant must provide proof of having received a passing grade on the naturopathic physicians licensing examinations administered by the approved national board of naturopathic examiners.
(3) The board may require an applicant to be personally interviewed by the board, the naturopathic medical board, or by a designated committee of the board. Such an interview shall be limited to a review of the applicant’s qualifications and professional credentials.
(4) The application shall require a fingerprint-based criminal history check of the Idaho central criminal database and the federal bureau of investigation criminal history database. Each applicant must submit a full set of the applicant’s fingerprints on forms supplied by the board, which shall be forwarded to the Idaho state police and the federal bureau of investigation identification division for this purpose. The board shall not disseminate data acquired from a fingerprint-based criminal history check except as allowed by law.
(5) This section shall take effect on July 1, 2020.
[54-5106, added 2019, ch. 208, sec. 1, p. 637.]