PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-5604. EXEMPTIONS for licensure. The provisions of this act shall not apply to the following:
(1) Any person who is not a genetic counselor but is licensed under title 54, Idaho Code, acting within the scope of his profession and doing work of a nature consistent with his training, provided that he does not represent himself by any title or practice description prohibited by section 54-5605;
(2) Any person employed as a genetic counselor by the federal government or an agency thereof if such person provides genetic counseling services solely under the direction and control of the organization by which he is employed;
(3) A student enrolled in an ABGC-accredited genetic counseling educational program if genetic counseling services performed by the student are an integral part of the student’s course of study and are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed genetic counselor assigned to supervise the student;
(4) An employee of a facility licensed under the provisions of chapter 13, title 39, Idaho Code, who is designated in writing to be responsible for that facility’s genetic counseling program and who receives regular consultation from a licensed genetic counselor; and
(5) Any person who holds a license to practice medicine and surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, or osteopathic medicine under chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code, provided that he does not represent himself as a licensed genetic counselor.
[54-5604, added 2015, ch. 128, sec. 1, p. 323.]