PROPERTY IN GENERAL
SELF-SERVICE STORAGE FACILITIES
55-2301. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Default" means the failure to perform, on time, any obligation or duty set forth in the rental agreement.
(2) "Last known address" means that address provided by the lessee in the rental agreement or the address provided by lessee to the operator in a subsequent written notice of a change of address.
(3) "Leased space" means the individual storage space at the self-service storage facility which is or may be rented to a lessee pursuant to a rental agreement.
(4) "Lessee" means a person, sublessee, successor, or assignee entitled to the use of a leased space at a self-service storage facility under a rental agreement.
(5) "Operator" means any person authorized by the owner to manage the facility.
(6) "Owner" means the person who holds legal title to the self-service storage facility. An owner may also be an operator.
(7) "Personal property" means those items placed within the leased space and includes, but is not limited to, goods, wares, merchandise, motor vehicles, watercraft and household items and furnishings.
(8) "Rental agreement" means a signed, written agreement or contract that establishes conditions or rules concerning the use and occupancy by a lessee of a self-service storage facility and includes any signed written amendment to such an agreement.
(9) "Self-service storage facility" means any real property used for renting or leasing individual storage space in which the lessees themselves store and remove their own personal property on a "self-service" basis.
[55-2301, added 1990, ch. 381, sec. 1, p. 1055.]