PROPERTY IN GENERAL
UNIFORM ENVIRONMENTAL COVENANTS ACT
55-3012. Registry — Substitute notice. (1) The Idaho department of environmental quality shall establish and maintain a registry that contains all environmental covenants and any amendment or termination of those covenants. The registry may also contain any other information concerning environmental covenants and the real property subject to them which the department of environmental quality considers appropriate. The registry is a public record.
(2) After an environmental covenant or an amendment or termination of a covenant is filed in the registry established and maintained pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, a notice of the covenant, amendment, or termination that complies with this section may be recorded in the land records in lieu of recording the entire covenant. Any such notice must contain:
(a) A legally sufficient description and any available street address of the real property subject to the covenant;
(b) The name and address of the owner of the fee simple interest in the real property, the agency, and the holder if other than the agency;
(c) A statement that the covenant, amendment, or termination is available in a registry at the department of environmental quality, which discloses the method of any electronic access; and
(d) A statement that the notice is notification of an environmental covenant executed pursuant to this chapter.
(3) A statement in substantially the following form, executed with the same formalities as a deed in this state, satisfies the requirements of subsection (2) of this section:
"1. This notice is filed in the land records of the (political subdivision) of (insert name of jurisdiction in which the real property is located) pursuant to section 55-3012, Idaho Code.
2. This notice and the covenant, amendment or termination to which it refers may impose significant obligations with respect to the property described below.
3. A legal description of the property is attached as Exhibit A to this notice. The address of the property that is subject to the environmental covenant is (insert address of property) (not available).
4. The name and address of the owner of the fee simple interest in the real property on the date of this notice is (insert name of current owner of the property and the owner’s current address as shown on the tax records of the jurisdiction in which the property is located).
5. The environmental covenant, amendment or termination was signed by (insert name and address of the agency).
6. The environmental covenant, amendment or termination was filed in the registry on (insert date of filing).
7. The full text of the covenant, amendment or termination and any other information required by the agency is on file and available for inspection and copying in the registry maintained for that purpose by the Idaho department of environmental quality.".
[55-3012, added 2006, ch. 15, sec. 1, p. 39.]