PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
56-1001. Definitions. Whenever used or referred to in this chapter, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Board" means the board of health and welfare as created in section 56-1005, Idaho Code.
(2) "Department" means the department of health and welfare.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of health and welfare.
(4) "Isolation" means the separation of infected persons, or of persons suspected to be infected, from other persons to such places, under such conditions, and for such time as will prevent transmission of the infectious agent.
(5) "Laboratory" means not only facilities for biological, serological, biophysical, cytological and pathological tests, but also facilities for the chemical or other examination of materials from water, air or other substances.
(6) "Person" means any individual, association, partnership, firm, joint stock company, trust, estate, political subdivision, public or private corporation, state or federal governmental department, agency or instrumentality, or any other legal entity which is recognized by law as the subject of rights and duties.
(7) "Public swimming pool" means an artificial structure, and its appurtenances, which contains water more than two (2) feet deep which is used or intended to be used for swimming or recreational bathing, and which is for the use of any segment of the public pursuant to a general invitation but not an invitation to a specific occasion or occasions. The term does not include a swimming pool operated solely for and in conjunction with a hotel, motel or other place of lodging, or a trailer park, apartment, condominium or any other residential facility containing multiple dwellings.
(8) "Quarantine" means the restriction placed on the entrance to and exit from the place or premises where an infectious agent or hazardous material exists.
(9) "State" means the state of Idaho.
(10) "Substantive" means that which creates, defines or regulates the rights of any person or implements, interprets or prescribes law or policy, but does not include statements concerning only the internal management of the department and not affecting private rights or procedures available to the public.
[56-1001, added 2000, ch. 132, sec. 38, p. 346; am. 2002, ch. 191, sec. 1, p. 550; am. 2003, ch. 240, sec. 1, p. 620.]