REVENUE AND TAXATION
63-2418. Distribution of tax revenues from tax on special fuels. Unless as otherwise provided in subsection (5) of this section, revenues received from the tax imposed by this chapter upon the receipt of special fuel and any penalties, interest or deficiency additions, or from the fees imposed by the commission under the provisions of section 63-2424 or 63-2438, Idaho Code, shall be distributed as follows:
(1) An amount of money equal to the actual cost of collecting, administering and enforcing the special fuels tax provisions by the commission, as determined by it shall be retained by the commission. The amount retained by the commission shall not exceed the amount authorized to be expended by appropriation by the legislature. Any unencumbered balance in excess of the actual cost of collecting, administering and enforcing the special fuels tax requirements by the commission at the end of each fiscal year shall be distributed to the highway distribution account.
(2) An amount of money shall be distributed to the state refund account sufficient to pay current refund claims. All refunds authorized by the commission to be paid under this chapter shall be paid from the state refund account, those moneys being hereby continuously appropriated.
(3) An amount of money equal to seven percent (7%) shall be distributed to the state highway account as established in section 40-702, Idaho Code.
(4) The balance remaining with the commission after distributing the amounts specified in subsections (1), (2) and (3) of this section shall be distributed to the highway distribution account established in section 40-701, Idaho Code.
(5) For those special fuels subject to tax pursuant to section 63-2402 or 63-2424, Idaho Code, twenty-five cents (25¢) of every thirty-two cents (32¢) of revenue received from such tax shall be distributed pursuant to the provisions of subsections (1), (2), (3) and (4) of this section. The remaining seven cents (7¢) of every thirty-two cents (32¢) of revenue received shall be distributed as follows:
(a) Sixty percent (60%) to the state highway account; and
(b) Forty percent (40%) to be distributed pursuant to the provisions of section 40-709, Idaho Code, in the same manner as distribution of moneys appropriated from the highway distribution account to local units of government.
[63-2418, added 1983, ch. 158, sec. 4, p. 449; am. 1984, ch. 87, sec. 7, p. 175; am. 1984, ch. 195, sec. 36, p. 477; am. 1985, ch. 33, sec. 2, p. 68; am. 1985, ch. 253, sec. 10, p. 704; am. 1986, ch. 73, sec. 9, p. 209; am. 2000, ch. 155, sec. 3, p. 394; am. 2002, ch. 174, sec. 8, p. 515; am. 2009, ch. 332, sec. 3, p. 964; am. 2010, ch. 14, sec. 3, p. 17; am. 2016, ch. 152, sec. 2, p. 421.]