Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


63-602S.  Property exempt from taxation — Fruits and vegetables held for human consumption, and seeds, shipped out of the state. (1) Any person, firm or corporation engaged in the storing or processing of fruits or vegetables held for human consumption or shipment of seeds out of the state must file a full declaration of such property as of the assessment date with the county assessor. On any assessment made on fruits and vegetables held for sale for human consumption, or any processed product, thereof, or seeds, in the hands of farmers, producers, or of a processor, or while being transported to or held in storage in a public or private warehouse structure, the board of equalization of the county in which the assessment was made, at its meeting on the first Monday of December as provided by law for equalizing the assessments of personal property on the subsequent personal property assessment roll, shall cancel such assessments in whole or proportionate part on receipt of sufficient documentary proof that the personal property so assessed was actually sold and transported or shipped to another point outside the state of Idaho on or before December 1 of the current year of assessment. No such cancellation shall be made unless such proof be furnished to said board on or before such meeting in such year.
(2)  Public warehousing is the storing of personal property by any person, firm or corporation regularly engaged in the business of storing such property for hire.
(3)  Private warehousing is the storage of personal property by any person, firm or corporation which is carrying on the activity of warehousing or storing such property only in the operation of his or its own business.
(4)  This exemption shall only apply to private storage from and after a notice, describing by address and physical premises, is filed with the county assessor, which notice shall be filed annually.

[63-602S added 1996, ch. 98, sec. 7, p. 355.]

How current is this law?