STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
STATE PLANNING AND COORDINATION
67-1902. Definitions. For purposes of sections 67-1901 through 67-1905, Idaho Code:
(1) "Agency" means each department, board, commission, office and institution, educational or otherwise, except elective offices, in the executive department of state government. "Agency" does not include legislative and judicial branch entities.
(2) "Benchmark" or "performance target" means the agency’s expected, planned or intended result for a particular performance measure. This information may come from an accepted industry standard for performance or from an agency’s careful study, research and/or analysis of the circumstances impacting performance capabilities.
(3) "Core function" means a group of related activities serving a common end of meeting the main responsibilities of the agency.
(4) "Goal" means a planning element that describes the broad condition, state or outcome an agency or program is trying to achieve.
(5) "Major division" means an organizational group within the agency that focuses on meeting one (1) or more of the agency’s primary statutory responsibilities.
(6) "Objective" means a planning element that describes a specific condition, state or outcome that an agency or program is trying to achieve as a step toward fulfilling its goals.
(7) "Performance measure" means a quantifiable indicator of an agency’s progress toward achieving its goals.
[67-1902, added 2005, ch. 339, sec. 3, p. 1057.]