STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
67-5708. Leasing of facilities for state use — Control of parking. (1) The department of administration shall negotiate for, approve, and make any and all lease or rental agreements for facilities to be used by the various state departments, agencies and institutions in the state of Idaho.
(2) For purposes of this section and sections 67-5708A and 67-5709, Idaho Code, the term "facility or facilities" may be used interchangeably and shall mean real property and improvements, including buildings and structures of any kind, excluding water rights not appurtenant to other facilities, and state endowment lands.
(3) The department of administration shall manage multiagency facilities constructed, acquired or refurbished through the state building authority as established in chapter 64, title 67, Idaho Code, and shall sublease the facilities to various state departments, agencies, and institutions in the state of Idaho. The department of administration is directed to operate any facilities acquired for the state and to enter into rental contracts and lease agreements consistent with the use of the facilities for state purposes when so authorized.
(4) The director may authorize and enter into leases of state capitol mall real estate and multi-agency facilities constructed through the state building authority, not needed for state purposes, to other governmental entities or to nonprofit organizations upon such terms as are just and equitable.
(5) The administrator of the division of public works may promulgate rules for the control of the parking of motor vehicles in the state capitol mall.
(a) Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of the rules shall be subject to a fine of not less than two dollars ($2.00) nor more than twenty-five dollars ($25.00); provided however, that any person who shall violate any of the provisions of the rules concerning the altering, counterfeiting or misuse of parking permits shall be subject to a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50.00).
(b) Every magistrate and every court having jurisdiction of criminal offenses and the violation of public laws committed in the county of Ada shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine violations of the provisions of the rules and to fix, impose and enforce payment of fines therefor. Alleged violations of the parking rules are not subject to the provisions of chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code.
(6) The administrator of the division of public works may contract with a public or private entity for the rental of parking facilities in the capitol mall outside of state of Idaho office hours as defined in section 59-1007, Idaho Code, and for special events as declared by the director. The department of administration may pay costs incurred in the operation and management of those properties from rents received therefrom.
(7) When a facility of the state of Idaho is authorized by concurrent resolution, and a maximum cost for the facility has been set by concurrent resolution, the administrator of the division of public works may enter into lease-purchase or other time-purchase agreements with the Idaho state building authority or other party for the facility. The director may authorize the division of public works to enter into leases incidental to the acquisition of such a facility by the Idaho state building authority.
[67-5708, added 1974, ch. 34, sec. 2, p. 988; am. 1976, ch. 142, sec. 1, p. 527; am. 1981, ch. 330, sec. 1, p. 691; am. 1987, ch. 314, sec. 1, p. 657; am. 1994, ch. 176, sec. 1, p. 403; am. 1996, ch. 183, sec. 1, p. 579; am. 1998, ch. 149, sec. 1, p. 519; am. 2017, ch. 329, sec. 1, p. 863; am. 2020, ch. 46, sec. 1, p. 112.]