Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


67-7128.  Off-road motor vehicle advisory committee — Creation — Selection — Term of office — Duty. (1) The park and recreation board shall appoint an off-road motor vehicle advisory committee (ORMV) of nine (9) members. The membership of the advisory committee shall consist of three (3) members each from northern Idaho, southwestern Idaho, and southeastern Idaho. Two (2) members from each area shall represent the following groups: motorbikes, ATV or UTV riders and snowmobilers. One (1) member interested in ORMV projects shall be appointed from each area without regard to the recreational activity in which that member participates and shall represent interests other than motorbike, ATV or UTV riders and snowmobilers. Each member of the advisory committee shall be chosen by the park and recreation board to serve a term of three (3) years, except that the term of the initial appointees shall commence on the date of appointment and shall be of staggered lengths. Each member of the advisory committee shall be a qualified elector of the state. Duties shall include:
(a)  Representing the best interests of the ORMV users and activities which they represent in the district from which they are appointed;
(b)  Advising the department as to whether proposed ORMV projects meet the needs of ORMV users in that area;
(c)  Advising the department as to how funds can be used to rehabilitate areas on public or private lands and how the department can assist in the enforcement of laws and regulations governing the use of off-road vehicles in the state of Idaho;
(d)  The three (3) motorbike, all-terrain vehicle or utility type vehicle representatives from the ORMV advisory committee shall advise the department on matters relating to the use of moneys in the motorbike recreation account as provided for in section 67-7127, Idaho Code.
(2)  The committee shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(f), Idaho Code, and authorized by the department.

[67-7128, added 1989, ch. 106, sec. 16, p. 246; am. 2006, ch. 42, sec. 3, p. 124; am. 2006, ch. 229, sec. 3, p. 686.]

How current is this law?