STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO STATE LOTTERY
67-7404. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Administrative costs" means personnel costs, capital outlay, and reasonable expenses incurred by other state agencies to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
(2) "Commission" means the Idaho state lottery commission.
(3) "Director" means the director of the lottery.
(4) "Expenses" means all costs of doing business including, but not limited to, prizes, commissions and other compensation paid to retailers, advertising and marketing costs, personnel costs, capital outlay, reasonable expenses incurred by other state agencies to effectuate the purposes of this chapter, depreciation of property and equipment, and other operating costs, all of which are to be recorded on the accrual basis of accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
(5) "Lottery" or "state lottery" means the state lottery established and operated pursuant to this chapter.
(6) "Lottery contractor" means a person with whom the lottery has contracted for the purposes of providing goods and services for the state lottery.
(7) "Lottery game retailer" or "retailer" means a person with whom the lottery has contracted for the purpose of selling tickets or shares in lottery games to the public.
(8) "Lottery revenue" means revenue derived from the sale of lottery tickets and shares. Such revenues shall be recorded on the accrual basis of accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
(9) "Lottery vendor" or "vendor" means any person who submits a bid, proposal or offer as part of a major procurement for goods or services as defined in subsection (11) of this section.
(10) "Low, medium and high tier claims" means the dollar amount of prizes awarded in accordance with rules of the state lottery.
(11) "Major procurement" means any contract with a vendor supplying lottery tickets or shares, data processing systems utilized to track, sell, distribute or validate lottery tickets or shares, any goods or services involving the determination or generation of winners in any lottery game or any auditing services. A major procurement shall be undertaken at all times in conformance with the constitution and laws of the state of Idaho, and lottery vendors in submitting a bid, proposal or offer as part of a major procurement for goods or services as defined in this subsection shall be undertaken at all times in conformance with the constitution and laws of the state of Idaho.
(12) "Net income" means lottery revenue and nonlottery revenue, less expenses, as defined in this chapter.
(13) "Person" shall be construed to mean and include an individual, association, corporation, club, trust, estate, society, company, joint stock company, receiver, trustee, assignee, referee or any other person acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity, whether appointed by a court or otherwise, and any combination of individuals. "Person" shall also be construed to mean and include departments, commissions, agencies and instrumentalities of the state of Idaho, including counties and municipalities and agencies or instrumentalities thereof.
(14) "Redemption value" means the sum total of all winnings upon the ticket presented for payment.
(15) "Share" means any intangible evidence of participation in a game conducted by the state lottery.
(16) "Ticket" means any tangible evidence issued by the lottery to provide participation in a game conducted by the state lottery.
(17) "Value" means any ticket shall be taken at face value.
[67-7404, added 1988, ch. 232, sec. 2, p. 447; am. 1989, ch. 352, sec. 1, p. 880; am. 2001, ch. 196, sec. 1, p. 664; am. 2017, ch. 54, sec. 1, p. 84.]