COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
HOSPITALS FOR INDIGENT SICK
31-3503C. Powers and Duties of the Department. The department shall:
(1) Design and manage a utilization management program and third party recovery system for the medically indigent program.
(2) Have the authority to engage one (1) or more contractors or third party administrators to perform the duties assigned to it pursuant to this chapter including, but not limited to, utilization management and third party recovery for the medically indigent program.
(3) Implement a medicaid eligibility determination process for all potential applicants.
(4) Develop and implement by July 1, 2010, in cooperation with the Idaho association of counties and the Idaho hospital association, a uniform form to be used for both the initial review, pursuant to section 31-3503E, Idaho Code, and the application for financial assistance pursuant to section 31-3504, Idaho Code.
(5) Cooperate with the counties and the board in providing the services required of it pursuant to this chapter.
(6) Promulgate rules to implement its duties and responsibilities under the provisions of this chapter.
[31-3503C, added 2009, ch. 177, sec. 7, p. 564; am. 2010, ch. 273, sec. 5, p. 695.]