PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE LICENSING
54-5104. naturopathic medical board. (1) There is hereby established a naturopathic medical board.
(2) The naturopathic medical board shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the board, all of whom shall be residents of Idaho, three (3) of whom shall be licensed pursuant to this chapter, one (1) of whom shall be a physician licensed pursuant to chapter 18, title 54, Idaho Code, and one (1) of whom shall be a public member. The initial naturopathic medical board shall be appointed for staggered terms, the longer of which will not exceed four (4) years. After the initial appointments, all terms shall be for three (3) years, and no member of the naturopathic medical board shall serve more than three (3) terms.
(3) The initial three (3) naturopathic medical doctor members shall have at least two (2) years of experience in the practice of naturopathic medicine and shall be eligible to become licensed pursuant to this chapter.
(4) After initial naturopathic medical board members are appointed, the three (3) naturopathic medical board members who are naturopathic medical doctors shall be licensed pursuant to this chapter and shall actively practice naturopathic medicine in the state of Idaho for the duration of their appointment.
(5) In the event of death, resignation, or removal of any naturopathic medical board member before the expiration of the term to which he is appointed, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(6) The board may, upon recommendation of the naturopathic medical board, or upon its own motion, remove any member of the naturopathic medical board for cause prior to the expiration of the member’s term.
(7) The naturopathic medical board shall, within thirty (30) days after its appointment, and at least semiannually thereafter, hold a meeting and elect a chairperson. The naturopathic medical board may hold additional meetings on the call of the chairperson or at the written request of any two (2) members of the naturopathic medical board. The naturopathic medical board may appoint such committees as it considers necessary to carry out its duties. A majority of the members of the naturopathic medical board shall constitute a quorum.
(8) Each member of the naturopathic medical board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
[54-5104, added 2019, ch. 208, sec. 1, p. 636.]