Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


16-1628.  Support of committed child. (1) Whenever legal custody of a child is vested in someone other than his parents, after due notice to the parent or other persons legally obligated to care for and support the child, and after a hearing, the court may order and decree that the parent or other legally obligated person shall pay in such a manner as the court may direct a reasonable sum that will cover in whole or in part the support and treatment of the child after an order of temporary custody, if any, or the decree is entered. If the parent or other legally obligated person willfully fails or refuses to pay such sum, the court may proceed against him for contempt, or the order may be filed and shall have the effect of a civil judgment.
(2)  All child support orders shall notify the obligor that the order will be enforced by income withholding pursuant to chapter 12, title 32, Idaho Code.
(3)  Failure to include these provisions does not affect the validity of the support order or decree. The court shall require that the social security numbers of both the obligor and obligee be included in the order or decree.

[(16-1628) 16-1622, added 1976, ch. 204, sec. 2, p. 744; am. 1982, ch. 186, sec. 21, p. 502; am. 1986, ch. 222, sec. 8, p. 608; am. 1990, ch. 361, sec. 4, p. 977; am. 1998, ch. 292, sec. 3, p. 930; am. and redesig. 2005, ch. 391, sec. 30, p. 1287; am. 2012, ch. 257, sec. 2, p. 709.]

How current is this law?