CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS
18-1505B. Sexual abuse and exploitation of a vulnerable adult. (1) It is a felony for any person, with the intent of arousing, appealing to or gratifying the lust, passion or sexual desires of such person, a vulnerable adult or a third party, to:
(a) Commit any lewd or lascivious act or acts upon or with the body or any part or member thereof of a vulnerable adult including, but not limited to: genital-genital contact, oral-genital contact, anal-genital contact, oral-anal contact, manual-anal contact or manual-genital contact, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;
(b) Involve a vulnerable adult in any act of bestiality or sadomasochism as defined in section 18-1507, Idaho Code; or
(c) Cause or have sexual contact with a vulnerable adult, not amounting to lewd conduct as defined in paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(2) For the purposes of this section:
(a) "Commercial purpose" means the intention, objective, anticipation or expectation of monetary gain or other material consideration, compensation, remuneration or profit.
(b) "Sexual contact" means any physical contact between a vulnerable adult and any person or between vulnerable adults, which is caused by the actor, or the actor causing the vulnerable adult to have self-contact;
(c) "Sexually exploitative material" means any image, photograph, motion picture, video, print, negative, slide or other mechanically, electronically, digitally or chemically produced or reproduced visual material that shows a vulnerable adult engaged in, participating in, observing or being used for explicit sexual conduct, or showing a vulnerable adult engaging in, participating in, observing or being used for explicit sexual conduct, in actual time, including, but not limited to, video chat, webcam sessions or video calling; and
(d) "Vulnerable adult" is as defined in section 18-1505, Idaho Code.
(3) Sexual abuse of a vulnerable adult is a felony and shall be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for a period not to exceed twenty-five (25) years or by a fine not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(4) It shall be a felony for any person to commit sexual exploitation of a vulnerable adult if, for any commercial purpose, he knowingly:
(a) Causes, induces or permits a vulnerable adult to engage in or be used in any explicit sexual conduct as defined in section 18-1507, Idaho Code; or
(b) Prepares, arranges for, publishes, produces, promotes, makes, sells, finances, offers, exhibits, advertises, deals in, possesses or distributes sexually exploitative material.
(5) The possession by any person of three (3) or more identical copies of any sexually exploitative material shall create a presumption that such possession is for a commercial purpose.
(6) Sexual exploitation of a vulnerable adult shall be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for a period not to exceed fifteen (15) years or by a fine not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
[18-1505B, added 2005, ch. 216, sec. 1, p. 689; am. 2009, ch. 100, sec. 1, p. 309; am. 2012, ch. 269, sec. 1, p. 751.]