CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
MOTION PICTURE FAIR BIDDING ACT
18-7702. Definitions. As used in this act:
(1) "Blind bidding" means bidding, negotiating, offering terms, making an invitation to bid, or agreeing to terms for the purpose of entering into a license agreement prior to a trade screening of the motion picture that is the subject of the agreement.
(2) "Distributor" means any person engaged in the business of renting, selling or licensing motion pictures to exhibitors.
(3) "Exhibitor" means any person engaged in the business of operating a theatre in this state.
(4) "License agreement" means any contract between a distributor and an exhibitor for the exhibition of a motion picture by the exhibitor of this state.
(5) "Theatre" means any establishment in which motion pictures are exhibited regularly to the public for a charge.
(6) "Trade screening" means the showing of a motion picture by a distributor, and such showing shall be open to any exhibitor interested in exhibiting the motion picture.
[18-7702, added 1979, ch. 119, sec. 2, p. 368]