Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


20-225.  Payment for cost of supervision. Any person under state probation or parole supervision shall be required to contribute not more than seventy-five dollars ($75.00) per month as determined by the board of correction. Costs of supervision are the direct and indirect costs incurred by the department of correction to supervise probationers and parolees, including tests to determine drug and alcohol use, books and written materials to support rehabilitation efforts, and monitoring of physical location through the use of technology. Any failure to pay such contribution shall constitute grounds for the revocation of probation by the court or the revocation of parole by the commission for pardons and parole. The division of probation and parole in the department of correction may exempt a person from the payment of all or any part of the foregoing contribution if it finds any of the following factors to exist:
(1)  The offender has diligently attempted but been unable to obtain employment.
(2)  The offender has a disability affecting employment, as determined by a physical, psychological or psychiatric examination acceptable to the division of probation and parole.
Money collected as a fee for services will be placed in the probation and parole receipts revenue fund, which is hereby created in the dedicated fund in the state treasury, and utilized to provide supervision for clients. Moneys in the probation and parole receipts revenue fund may be expended only after appropriation by the legislature. This section shall not restrict the court from ordering the payment of other costs and fees that, by law, may be imposed on persons who have been found guilty of or have pled guilty to a criminal offense, including those who have been placed on probation or parole.

[20-225, added 1984, ch. 187, sec. 1, p. 437; am. 2003, ch. 130, sec. 1, p. 383; am. 2005, ch. 68, sec. 1, p. 233; am. 2010, ch. 235, sec. 8, p. 548; am. 2011, ch. 73, sec. 1, p. 155; am. 2012, ch. 109, sec. 3, p. 299.]

How current is this law?