Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


25-216.  Appraisal and compensation. If in the opinion of the state department of agriculture or other qualified veterinarian working under its direction or under the direction of the secretary of agriculture of the United States, it shall be deemed necessary to destroy animals affected with tuberculosis, the procedure shall be as follows: each animal shall be appraised according to the plan outlined by the United States department of agriculture (B.A.I. Order 260 or any future amendments or modifications thereof) except that the appraisal value as determined by the representatives of the respective departments shall be final, and compensation shall be made out of any money in the treasury of the state of Idaho, appropriated for that purpose, on the certificate of the state department of agriculture or duly appointed deputy or assistant, filed with the state board of examiners: provided, however, that in no case shall compensation from the state of Idaho exceed twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for any grade animal and fifty dollars ($50.00) for any purebred animal; and, provided further, that the salvage of the animal shall first be deducted from the appraised value of the animal, and the state of Idaho shall pay up to one-third (1/3) of the difference between the salvage and the appraised value, thereby adding to the sum provided by the United States department of agriculture, and leaving the remaining sum to be borne by the owner thereof; and, provided further, that no compensation shall be made for or on account of any animal destroyed, if at the time of inspection or test of such animal or at the time of destruction thereof, it shall belong to or be on the premises of any person, firm or corporation, to which it has been sold, shipped or delivered for the purpose of being slaughtered, or is being kept in violation of any law of the United States or of the state of Idaho, or any rule or regulation of the United States department of agriculture or the state department of agriculture.

[(25-216) 1919, ch. 144, sec. 1, p. 438; C.S., sec. 1855; I.C.A., sec. 24-216; am. 1993, ch. 16, sec. 12, p. 63.]

How current is this law?