BUSINESS COMBINATION ACT
30-1703. Exclusions from chapter. The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to an interested shareholder if:
(1) The interested shareholder was an interested shareholder on, or became an interested shareholder pursuant to a tender offer commenced prior to, the day following the effective date of this act, and remained such;
(2) The original articles or bylaws of the issuing public corporation contain a provision expressly electing not to be subject to the provisions of this chapter;
(3) The issuing public corporation, by action of its board of directors, adopts an amendment to its bylaws expressly electing not to be subject to the provisions of this chapter; or
(4) The issuing public corporation, by action of its shareholders, adopts an amendment to its articles of incorporation or bylaws approved by the shareholders holding sixty-six and two-thirds per cent (66 2/3%) of the outstanding voting power of all shares entitled to vote, excluding the shares of interested shareholders and their affiliates and associates, under which the issuing public corporation by such shareholder action expressly elects not to be subject to this chapter, and such amendment provides that it is not to be effective until eighteen (18) months after the effective date of this chapter.
(5) The provisions of this chapter do not apply to any business combination of an issuing public corporation with an interested shareholder of the issuing public corporation who became an interested shareholder inadvertently, if the interested shareholder both:
(a) As soon as practicable, divests itself of a sufficient amount of the shares entitled to vote of the issuing public corporation so that it no longer is the beneficial owner, directly or indirectly, of ten per cent (10%) or more of the outstanding shares entitled to vote of the issuing public corporation; and
(b) Would not at any time within the three (3) year period preceding the announcement date with respect to the business combination have been an interested shareholder except for the inadvertent acquisition.
(6) This chapter does not apply to insurance companies regulated under title 41, Idaho Code.
[30-1703, added 1988, ch. 84, sec. 3, p. 163.]