IDAHO UNIFORM BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS CODE
REGISTERED AGENT OF ENTITY
30-21-409. CHANGE OF NAME, ADDRESS, TYPE OF ENTITY, OR JURISDICTION OF FORMATION BY COMMERCIAL REGISTERED AGENT. (a) If a commercial registered agent changes its name, its address as listed under section 30-21-405(a), Idaho Code, its type of entity, or its jurisdiction of formation, the agent shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing a statement of change signed by the agent which states:
(1) The name of the agent as listed under section 30-21-405(a), Idaho Code;
(2) If the name of the agent has changed, the new name;
(3) If the address of the agent has changed, the new address; and
(4) If the agent is an entity:
(i) If the type of entity of the agent has changed, the new type of entity; and
(ii) If the jurisdiction of formation of the agent has changed, the new jurisdiction of formation.
(b) The filing by the secretary of state of a statement of change under subsection (a) of this section is effective to change the information regarding the agent with respect to each entity represented by the agent.
(c) A commercial registered agent shall promptly furnish to each entity represented by it a notice in a record of the filing by the secretary of state of a statement of change relating to the name or address of the agent and the changes made in the statement.
(d) If a commercial registered agent changes its address without delivering for filing a statement of change as required by this section, the secretary of state may cancel the listing of the agent under section 30-21-405, Idaho Code. A cancellation under this subsection has the same effect as a termination under section 30-21-406, Idaho Code. Promptly after canceling the listing of an agent, the secretary of state shall serve notice in a record in the manner provided in section 30-21-412(b) or (c), Idaho Code, on:
(1) Each entity represented by the agent, stating that the agent has ceased to be the registered agent for the entity and that, until the entity designates a new registered agent, service of process may be made on the entity as provided in section 30-21-412, Idaho Code; and
(2) The agent stating that the listing of the agent has been canceled under this section.
[30-21-409, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 10, p. 773.]