IDAHO NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
30-30-1002. Dissolution by directors, members and third persons. (1) Unless this act, the articles, bylaws or the board of directors or members, acting pursuant to subsection (3) of this section, require a greater vote or voting by class, dissolution is authorized if it is approved:
(a) By the board;
(b) By the members, if any, by two-thirds (2/3) of the votes cast or a majority of the voting power, whichever is less; and
(c) In writing by any person or persons whose approval is required by a provision of the articles authorized in section 30-30-801, Idaho Code, for an amendment to the articles or bylaws.
(2) If the corporation does not have members, dissolution must be approved by a vote of a majority of the directors in office at the time the transaction is approved. In addition, the corporation shall provide notice of any directors’ meeting at which such approval is to be obtained in accordance with section 30-30-614(3), Idaho Code. The notice must also state that the purpose, or one (1) of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider dissolution of the corporation and contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(3) The board may condition its submission of the proposed dissolution, and the members may condition their approval of the dissolution on receipt of a higher percentage of affirmative votes or on any other basis.
(4) If the board seeks to have dissolution approved by the members at a membership meeting, the corporation shall give notice to its members of the proposed membership meeting in accordance with section 30-30-505, Idaho Code. The notice must also state that the purpose, or one (1) of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider dissolving the corporation and contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(5) If the board seeks to have dissolution approved by the members by written consent or written ballot, the material soliciting the approval shall contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(6) The plan of dissolution shall indicate to whom the assets owned or held by the corporation will be distributed after all creditors have been paid.
[30-30-1002, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 83, p. 1001.]