Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


31-202.  Petition for removal. Public notice shall be given of the intention to circulate a petition praying for the removal of the county seat of any county from its then present location to some other point within said county, and in said petition designated, at least ten (10) days before the same is circulated, by publication in some newspaper printed in the county (if there be one), and by posting three (3) printed notices in three (3) public places at the county seat, and a like number at the place to which the county seat is proposed to be removed, in which notices the intent of said petition shall be set forth; and all signers to such petition or petitions shall be void and stricken from such petition if procured six (6) months before the first day of the term of court at which the application is to be made; and whenever such petition or petitions, addressed to the district court of such county, and stating the time when such election shall be held, shall be signed by a number of legal voters of said county, equal in number to a majority of all votes cast at the last general election therein, and shall be filed in the office of the clerk of the district court of said county, not less than twenty (20) nor more than forty (40) days before the first day of the term of said court next preceding the next general election, unless said term commences after the first day of October, then, in such case, the next preceding term. Such petition shall be deemed a proposal to remove the county seat of such county, and the point designated in said petition shall be deemed and taken as fixed by said petition, in pursuance of law, whenever the court shall order an election to such point as hereinafter provided, as the point to which it is proposed to remove the county seat of such county.

[(31-202) 1890-1891, p. 57, sec. 119; reen. 1899, p. 33, sec. 106; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 467; C.S., sec. 651; I.C.A., sec. 30-202.]

How current is this law?