Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


31-3404.  Application for nonmedical indigent assistance. (1) Any person or their authorized representative desiring nonmedical assistance from any county in this state shall, before such aid can be given, make a written application to the clerk of the board of county commissioners or his designee where such applicant resides. An application shall be provided to any individual requesting assistance.
(2)  An application for nonmedical assistance shall be on a form provided by the county to which application is being made. This application and information release shall be completed and signed by the applicant, or his authorized representative, setting forth and describing all household resources and sworn to before a county officer authorized by the laws of this state to administer oaths, and filed with the clerk of the board. Failure to comply shall result in denial.
(3)  Except as provided in section 31-3410, Idaho Code, within ten (10) working days of the date of application, an interview shall be required with the clerk of the board or his designee. Evidence of need, indigency and residence shall be supplied by the applicant or authorized representative. If the applicant or authorized representative fails to make an appointment, appear at an interview or fails to supply such documentation, the application shall be denied. Any adult household member may be required to appear for an interview, sign a general information release and complete an application. Failure to comply shall result in denial of the requested assistance.
(4)  Applicants and all household members who are not fully employed and are capable of employment, shall be required to file an application with the department of employment, use their best efforts to seek employment, and to provide verification of such efforts to the county. The applicant and all other household members may be required to submit a medical statement certifying any inability to work. Individuals voluntarily removing themselves from the work force may be denied assistance.

[31-3404, added 1992, ch. 83, sec. 3, p. 259.]

How current is this law?